Friday, July 29, 2011

Another First!


Mt. Buller, Victoria, AUSTRALIA

July 8 to 13, 2011.  Luckily, I had seven days holiday between (our chicken's) batch 39 and 40.  I, originally, had no plans to escape from the farm during the week- I was simply aiming to raise a certain amount for an important project in the Philippines but the weather forecast in Victoria was so enticing that I failed to resist booking online for my 3-day adventure.     

The driver of the horse-driven carriage, Swanston St., Melbourne.

For four years I had been dreaming to visit the Australian Alps to experience the snow but there were powerful circumstances that would always come across my plans; so the snow had fallen and melted for four consecutive wintertimes without RJ visiting the place.

But not in winter 2011 because I have finally found my way to Mt. Buller!

The unique kneelers.  St. Paul's Cathedral, corner Swanston and Flinder's Streets, Melbourne.


...with Margarette- one of Melbourne's city 'ambassadors'. 

I will write another post about my first snow experience.  Most of the photos here were taken in Melbourne- a day before my first encounter with snow.


.

8 comments:

My Yellow Bells said...

i guess it is every pinoys dream to experience snow, it is mine too

Kosa said...

snowwwww

bertN said...

Naghubad ka sana at nahiga sa snow for your first snow experience/pic LOL.

Missy said...

wow, nice! congrats! hahaha.....did you go snow tubing or snow boarding? hehehe

BlogusVox said...

I learned something here. I know there's an Australian winter but I didn't realize it also snowed there.

Joanie said...

Wow!!! I didn't realize that Australia has this darn snow! My cousin told me only in the snowy mountain of Sydney snow can be found. Hidden gems in Victoria! :D

Nebz said...

Naalala ko ung advertisement na: when was the first time you did something for the first time?

Buti k p, you had your first snow. Ako hanggang ice lang. ☺

And I so like the pew. So unique!

Anonymous said...

wow,doc rj, giniginaw naman ako sa post mong ito!
nice shots!

ps : my cousins, uncles & aunts who lived in auckland, nz (whom we visited back in 2005 for 7 weeks) are now enjoying melbourne. ang ganda pala dyan (syempre!)... can't wait for your next post.